Our Partners

Arkansas Human Development Corporation
Migrant & Seasonal Farm Workers
Contact Info
P.O. Box 2662
1804 South "D" Street
Fort Smith, AR 72902
(479) 783-1854

A Migrant or Seasonal Farm Worker is a person who has earned money in farm labor, either in reported or non-reported income, on a farm not owned by that person. If they own a farm, that makes them a farmer, not a farm worker. In some cases, they can work for family on the family farm and still be eligible.

Basic Guidelines for Eligibility:
· Low Income (Welfare Guidelines)
· Has 50% or more of their income from farm work in any 12 months of the last 24 months.
· A citizen of the United States, or has legal authorization to work
· Has met the requirements of registration with the Selective Service

Farm work eligibility has to come from the primary wage earner of the family.

When the person applying is younger than 18 years old, he/she may be eligible even if he/she lives at home or with others if:
· He/She is not a dependent of the parents
· He/She has a documented handicap
· He/She is married
· He/She has other legal documents proving his/her independence

It should be noted that there are a lot of ways that a person may be eligible as long as the farm work is within the past 24 months of the application. We suggest that he/she be referred to us to make this determination if they have ANY farm labor in the past 24 months.

Services Allowed By the Grant
The following services are allowed by the grant: rent, utilities, gas, food, and some medical, auto repair, eye care, and clothing. These services are given only if the customer is eligible for AHDC as a migrant or seasonal farm worker and enrolled in the program. Services are given only when funding allows, and is based on each customer's need. Determination of eligibility and need is made by our staff.


Core Services include those identified at section 66.2 of the WIA, including eligibility determination, outreach and intake, initial assessment, job search and placement assistance, and the other services outlined within this section.

Intensive Services include those identified at section 134(d)(3)( c) of the WIA. Services include dropout prevention, allowance payments, paid and unpaid work experience, literacy and English as a second language, and services allowed by our grant.

Training Services include those identified at WIA, sections 134(d)(4)(D) and 167 (d). Training in a variety of occupations as well as on-the-job-training is permitted. We encourage self-employment and micro enterprise development also.

Related Assistance includes those identified at section 669.430 and includes emergency assistance, workplace safety and pesticide safety instruction, housing development assistance, ESL and basic education, and other supportive services as identified in the approved plan.